If this is a medical emergency, please discontinue the app and call 911
A) NOTICE OF HEALTH INFORMATION PRIVACY PRACTICES
Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices (for Medek Health Systems, LLC. and the independent Healthcare Professionals acting as Independent Contractors for Medek, last revised February 1, 2018).
How is the patient’s privacy protected?
The independent healthcare professionals providing online medical services through Medek Health Systems, LLC (the “Healthcare Professionals”, “us”, “we”, “our”), understand that information about you and your health is personal. We will make every effort to maintain the confidentiality of your health information. We will continuously seek to safeguard that information through all means, and abide by all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and guidelines.
How do we use & disclose health information?
We will only use and disclose your health information for the normal business activities that the law permits. The most common area would be for ongoing medical treatment by other healthcare providers:
Treatment – We keep a record of your volunteered health information. This record may include your previous consultations with Medek, medications, your response to medications, diagnoses, and information we learn about your medical condition through the online questions and visuals. With your consent, we will disclose this information so that other healthcare providers, and entities (such as laboratories) can address your healthcare needs.
We will also use your health information to:
- Comply with federal, state or local laws that require disclosure.
- Comply with federal and state health oversight activities such as fraud investigations.
- Assist in public health activities such as tracking certain communicable diseases.
- Respond to law enforcement officials or to judicial orders, subpoenas or other legal processes.
- Inform authorities to protect victims of neglect or abuse.
- Inform medical examiners, coroners, and funeral directors of necessary information for them to fulfill their responsibilities.
- In an anonymous matter for staff training, ongoing staff and community education, public relations, and crowdsourcing consultations.
- Assist in specialized government functions such as national security, intelligence and protective services.
- Inform military and veteran authorities if you are veteran.
- Inform a correctional institution if you are an inmate.
- Inform workers’ compensation carriers if you are injured at work.
- Provide information to other third parties who may provide the service of storing medical records. However, you should know that in those situations, we require third party companies comply with the safe legal safeguards.
- We may also use or disclose limited personal health information in the process of business operation. For example, we may communicate with your family members when we send appointment reminders.
All other uses not described, may not be done without your written authorization. You may revoke your authorization at any time; however, this will not affect prior uses and disclosures. In certain situations, state laws may require that we use additional protections to some of your health information.
What are the Responsibilities of Healthcare Providers?
By Federal Law, they are to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide this Written & Public Notice of their duties and these privacy policies.
- Abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
- Tell you if there has been a breach that may compromise your personal or health information.
We reserve the right to make changes to our privacy practices, as permitted by law, and make the new practices effective for all the collected and maintained information. Revised notices will be posted on the Medek website & mobile application.
What are clients’ Federal Rights?
Federal law entitles you to:
- Inspect and copy certain portions of your health information. Under limited circumstances, we may deny your request. Requests for your health records can be sent in an electronic format.
- You may request your health information be amended if you believe the health information is incorrect or incomplete. However, under certain circumstances we may deny your request.
- You can receive an account of disclosures of your health information that were made for the prior six (6) years. There could be exclusions of disclosures for treatment, payment, & health care operations. (Applicable fees may incur).
- Request that we communicate with you at a specific address or telephone number.
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice even if you receive it electronically.
We reserve the right to ask for your requests in writing.
What if you have a Complaint?
If you believe that your privacy has been not been protected, you may file a complaint with the Secretary of Health & Human Services, Washington, D.C. You may also email Medek, for us to begin an internal investigation with the independent healthcare provider. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint with the U.S. Secretary. To file a complaint with Health and Human Services:1-800-447-8477– Compliance Hotline
Mail: Secretary of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20201
To Contact Medek Health Systems, LLC:
Address: 131 Waterman Avenue, Mount Dora, FL 32757
Who does the Notice pertain to?
This Notice is applicable to the health care practices of:
- Any Healthcare Provider or Professional authorized to access and/or edit information into your health record,
- All of Medek’s departments and units through which Medical Providers’ online health services are provided,
- All Medek affiliates and volunteers.
The Healthcare Providers utilized by Medek are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to describe their privacy practices in document called a Notice of Privacy Practices. You can request a copy of this notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
The use of the term “De-Identified Information”, will mean information that does not nor is intended to be used to personally identify individuals.
The use of the term “Cookies”, means the small pieces of information that a Site sends to your browser while your device is visiting a website.
* Minors under age 18.
We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 18 to create an account. Nor do we permit minors to have access to the site without parental permission.
Information about you that Medek may collect or maintain include:
- Registration information including: Your name, age, email address, username, and password.
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
- Payment information that you provide, such as credit card numbers, and billing address.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, including which Internet browser you use, the type of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about your usage of the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site.
Purpose for which Medek might use your Personal Information (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To provide you with Healthcare Services.
- For the purposes described in Section I relating to the use of Health Information.
- To improve healthcare.
- To create aggregate statistics related to the use of Medek.
- To notify you when Site updates are available.
- To educate you about and promote the Site and its Services
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
Personally Identifiable Information
Medek collects PII about you when you use our app. Submitting PII through our app is required. By doing so, you are giving Medek your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in Medek’s inability to provide you with the service you desire.
Generally, the information requested by Medek will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request. The reasons for collecting have been described earlier in this agreement. The user may request their PII by contacting Medek at the email or phone number listed in the app or on our website (www.medektestkits.com).
Your agreement permits us to disclose Personal Information that we collect (subject to the restrictions relating to the use of Health Information described in Section I):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to government or judicial requests.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Medek’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Information We Collect via Technology.
As you use the Site or the Services, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. Medek may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer, smartphone, tablet or other device, Medek may collect anonymous information from that device, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
- De-Identified Information. Medek may use De-Identified information created by our processes and our program without restriction, in that it does not identify any specific individual.
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Services easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you, the client, and Medek. You can stop accepting Cookies by instructing your browser change its options. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site. Medek presently does not honor “Do Not Track” requests across all parts of our Site.
- Real-Time Location. Because, under law, you must be a Healthcare Provider may only treat within the state(s) they are licensed, the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about your location. This is also part of the pharmacy location provided, when applicable.
- Mobile Services. We may collect non-personal information from your mobile device. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
Additional Information from Third Parties.
Edits and changes to your information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted to email@example.com.
Limits on Deleting Information.
Our efforts to keep your information secure.
Medek employs methods such as encryption to protect against unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Medek will use industry used and approved security measures, and in full compliance with government regulations, however, it cannot guarantee that all information is permanently and perpetually secure.
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Practices, or would like to report a violation, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.